- Bancassurance (Insurance)
Do you have any questions?
Find bellow the most frequently asked
questions about Kamba Prepaid VISA Card.
What is the Kamba Card?
KAMBA is a personalized prepaid card from the VISA network issued by BAI, which allows the customer to make withdrawals and payments at home and abroad with their own resources, without the need to use a credit.
What is the target audience for the KAMBA Card?
What are the access conditions for subscribing to KAMBA?
The access conditions are:
- Being a BAI Client;
- Being at least eighteen (18) years old;
- Expenses for issuing the card of 7,500 Kz (Seven Thousand Five Hundred Kwanzas).
What documents are required to subscribe to the KAMBA Card?
The required documents are:
- Identity card for nationals;
- Passport or Resident Card for foreigners;
Is it necessary to have a BAI account to have the KAMBA card?
Account holder clients must have an account, but beneficiaries do not.
How many cards can I have for an account?
As many as the Account Holder needs, however, each holder and / or beneficiary can only have one card.
Can the Card be topped-up?
Yes. The card is topped-up for the first time the following times.
What are the limits for using the card?
According to the BAI transaction pricing in force.
What service channels can the customer request to top-up the card?
The customer can request to top-up the card through the Branch or through BAI Directo.
What are the card costs?
The card costs are:
- Issuance - 7,500 Kz (Seven Thousand Five Hundred Kwanzas);
- Replacement - 7,500 Kz (Seven Thousand Five Hundred Kwanzas);
- Cancellation - 1,000 Kz (one thousand Kwanzas);
- Card top-up - 2%
What information should the customer send to request a card top-up in any of the channels?
In any of the channels mentioned above, you must send the account number, card number (only the last 4 (four) digits) and the amount to be recharged.
How will the Kamba Card be topped-up?
By deposit in the current account, in the amount indicated by the customer, at any branch.
In what currency should the deposit be made for reloading?
Exclusively in Kwanzas, however, if the customer only has availability in foreign currency, they must request the conversion, for later recharge from the Kz nature.
Can recharging be carried out by debiting instructions to the customer's account?
Yes, it can, as long as they indicate the account, card and top-up amount.
Can the client request for a third party to top-up their card, through an instruction / authorization signed by the client?
Yes, they can, as long as they indicate the account, card and top-up amount.
Can a customer, from their account, request the top-up of a third party's Kamba card?
Yes, they can, through the channels:
- At the Branch, filling out the respective form, with the following information: card number, belonging to customer XXX, with account XXX, in the amount XXX.
- By e-mail, the same information must be sent.
In what situation should we provide information to the customer and what kind of information?
Whenever the customer shows interest in the product or when we are proactively selling. The information to be made available to the customer is as follows:
- Product disclosure leaflet, available at branches;
- Information sheet, available on the intranet, that must be printed by the commercial;
- Membership Form / Proposal, Model 010-054, available at the Branch.
What are the advantages of the Kamba card?
The advantages of the Kamba card are:
- No Interest Rates: The customer does not pay an interest rate because they are using their own money;
- Financial control: Withdrawals and payments up to the limit of the top-up, allowing better control over expenses, through the statement (value added service);
- Administrative control: Generation of detailed reports of all transactions carried out, with date, place of purchase and amount spent;
- Rechargeable: It is possible to top-up the card if one is outside the country;
- Security: In case of loss or theft of the card, the customer can request the lock through the following contacts:
- BAI Hotline: Tel .: +244 222 693 890 / +244 226 420 990 / +244 924 100 100 - 24/7
- Whatsapp: 924 100 100 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Automatic Cash Withdrawal (ATM): Cash withdrawals in Angola and abroad and VISA Network Bank Branches abroad;
- Value-added services:
- Electronic Statement: Electronic statement to customers' emails;
- OTP: Internet purchase authentication code for pages verified by VISA;
- Access to VISA Call Center Service (VCCS): Access to VISA Call Center service;
- VBV (Verified By VISA): Security technology for internet purchases, for both buyer and seller.
What are the access conditions required to subscribe to the card?
The access conditions are:
- Being a BAI customer;
- Being at least eighteen (18) years old;
- Term deposit with an amount equal to or greater than 1,000,000 Kz;
- Availability of the minimum amount for issuance or replacement fees;
- Previous top-up (deposit) of the desired balance (optional).
What is the card issuance period?
The deadline for issuing the card is up to 72 hours (branches without emboçador), and 24 hours (Counters with emboçador).
On the registration form, how does one fill in the name to be engraved on the card?
- The name to be engraved on the card must contain a maximum of 21 characters including the space and not 21 characters as written on the form;
- In the case of a name with a maximum of 15 characters, we recommend the inscription of the first and last name (surname), for example: Ana Silva (9 characters), the card should read: Ana Silva;
- In the case of a name with more than 15 characters, we advise the inscription of the first letter of the first name followed by the last name (last name), for example: Domingos Guimarães (18 characters), the card should read: D Guimarães.
How long is the card valid for?
The card is valid for 2 (two) years.
What are the competitive advantages that KAMBA has over similar competitor cards?
- It is a personalized VISA network card;
- Has OTP for internet purchases;
- Monthly electronic statement sent to the customer's email;
- It is possible to check the balance at BAI Directo.
What is OTP?
It is the internet purchase authentication code for pages verified by VISA. .
Where should OTP be requested?
The OTP is requested on the online shopping website itself, where the customer chooses how to receive the code (email or SMS).
What is CVV (Card Verification Value)?
It is a code used as an authentication procedure established by card companies, to reduce fraudulent use of cards and maximize the degree of security of transactions over the Internet.
Where can we find the CVV on VISA cards?
The CVV on Visa cards can be found on the back of the card, on the signature line and consists of the last 3 digits.
What is VBV (Verified by Visa)?
Verified by Visa is a security service created to make transactions carried out over the internet more secure by verifying data in addition to the Card password..
What is the role of Verified by Visa?
To increase the security of Internet transactions, both for those who buy and sell.
Can a company join KAMBA?
No, however, they can guide their employees to subscribe.